So today I’m counting down the ten most popular posts I wrote in 2015. 49 new posts hit Domestic Imperfection last year, which is fairly typical for me…I’m not one for blogging just for the sake of getting something out. Honestly 2015 was a pretty crazy year for my family, so while the blog didn’t grow at all last year (3.7 million views in both 2014 and 2015), it also didn’t shrivel up and die…so overall I’d say it was a pretty successful year.
The posts written in 2015 were actually only a tiny percentage of my overall page views, old posts make up the bulk of my traffic. The number one post written in 2015 was actually 45th most popular overall, with number ten coming in at a very sad 94th. I’m sure it’s because the kind of posts I wrote last year were mostly about planning and starting on the new house, which are not the types of posts that do well on pinterest (tutorials are king on pinterest). So basically the only people that saw them were my dedicated readers (aka, those of you reading this post), which is just fine with me. Who needs the rest when you have the best?
So here are the top ten posts of 2015….
My main takeaway from that countdown? People love top ten lists. I may just have to start writing all my posts in list form…looks like I started 2016 out right with this one!
I think my favorite post out of the above list is the “top ten must haves for the new house“, simply because of the conversation that happened in the comments. I love it when the comments take off, y’all have great advice and insight… plus it’s always nice to feel like I’m not talking to myself.
Now, onto my surprise bonus list. Here are the top ten posts on Domestic Imperfection, overall. These are pretty much the same every single year…they just won’t quit.
10. DIY Dining Room Curtains and Rods (June 2011)
9. DIY Farmhouse Table and Bench (April 2012)
8. The Less Mess Project – Pantry Reveal (February 2012)
7. My Painted Shower – One Year Later (December 2014)
6. Paisley Stenciled Table (May 2012)
5. The Dirty Cowboy Treatment (May 2012)
4. My Butcher Block Countertop – Two Years Later (August 2013)
3. Paper Bag Floor – One Year Later (March 2014)
2. Paper Bag Floor Tutorial (March 2013)
1. How to Refinish Outdated Tile (yes, I painted my shower) (November 2013)
Anyway, thank you for reading, and here’s to a wonderful 2016!