Merry Christmas Eve! So I’m a few hours away from hosting our family Christmas, and while scrubbing all the things I usually don’t scrub I realized I never posted about my Christmas bedroom decor. Fail, Ashley….fail. Anyway, let’s get right to it, because this Christmas enchilada soup isn’t going to make itself.
So if you have been around for a while then you have probably noticed I have never been into seasonal decorating. You would think I would love it, since….you know….I’ve been writing a decorating blog for eight years now. But no, I can’t do it. The thought of putting up seasonal decor has always made me grimace. I think it’s because (and I’ve said this before) that we have always lived in homes that are under construction, and added seasonal decor to a home without flooring or cabinets just feels like putting lipstick on a pig.
Plus I have four kids, so adding more stuff around my house when there is already so much stuff everywhere makes me twitchy. There is also the time involved…all that time putting it up and taking it down could be better spent on a project that moves us towards our goals. Baah humbug, right? This turns around, I promise.
In my head I’ve told myself that when our house is finished I will love seasonal decor. I’ve never known if that was true or not, but this year I can confirm that I was, in fact, correct. Adam and I have finished our bedroom, it’s beautiful, and the kids don’t leave their stuff in here. So when Christmas rolled around this year I got excited about the idea of decorating the stink out of our bedroom.
So decorate it I did, and I love it. The decor in here is simple, turns it doesn’t take a lot to make an already pretty finished room feel festive. I simply added a few (okay, six) glowy flocked trees and accents of red. Boom, Christmas.
Turns out I’m totally going to become a seasonal decorator when all the house projects are complete. I mean, look how fun…
By the way…the Christmas decor in the rest of our house looks terrible. Look at our tree…3/4 the lights are burned out, and I let my boys put all the ornaments on and never even thought about fixing it.
And no one can reach the top to bother putting a star up there, haha. But my boys think it’s beautiful, and that’s what really matters.
(And yes, that is totally a bone on the top right of that photo. My boys found it outside and thought it would look great on the tree. Man I love boys!)
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Christmas Decor Source List
- Pre-lit flocked Christmas trees – Wayfair (2ft – 3ft – 4ft – 5ft)
- Throw Pillow – Target
- Red Knitted throw – Wayfair
- Glass trees – Target
- Nativity – Willow Tree
- Beaded garland – Hobby Lobby
- Joy to the World banner – DIY
- White berry wreath – Amazon
- Prelit garland – Home Depot
- Flocked grapevine trees – Hobby Lobby
Master Bedroom Source List
- Leather headboard – Article
- Bed frame – Article
- Electric fireplace insert – Amazon
- Fireplace surround – DIY
- Duvet cover – DejavuLinen on Etsy
- Throw blanket – MagicLinen
- Leather lumbar pillow – Amazon
- Sheets & Pillows – Saatva
- Heated mattress pad – Amazon
- Nightstands – Nadeau
- Bedside and floor lamps – Walmart
- Clock – Amazon
- Wire basket – Target
- Buffalo pillow – Celine & Kate on Etsy
- Curtains and roman shades – Barn & Willow
- Curtain rod – Pottery Barn
- Ceiling fan – Amazon
- Rattan chair – World Market
- Seagrass rug – Natural Area Rugs
- Entertainment center – DIY
- Small blue and white vase – Wayfair
- Walnut furniture risers – Amazon
- Hammered metal pot and hanging planters – Article
- Blue velvet chair – Article
- Barn door hardware – Amazon
- Fiddle leaf fig – World Market
- Paint color – Silvermist (SW)
- Trim color – Alabaster (SW)