A few days ago I posted about the lampshades I made for our ceiling fans. I also mentioned how much the husband hated the (very girly) fabric I choose to cover them with. Despite hating them, he did say “If you like them that’s all that matters”. Awwww, so sweet. Now I really had to change them.
As a refresher, here is a before picture of the fan…
(there’s two actually, but a picture that includes both is kinda hard to see)
And here is the after picture with my girly fabric…
I went on a dig in my big fabric bin and pulled out everything that I thought might look good on the shades. Then I laid them out and asked the husband to pick one.
We have…1) burlap 2) fabric I’m planning to use on the inside of the entertainment center we will one day get around to building 3) leftover fabric from the laundry room W/D curtains 4) leftover fabric from my dumpster rocker 5) Amy Butler fabric, same as I used on the lampshades but in a different color.
He choose lucky number three – leftover fabric from our laundry room.
That was the one I was leaning towards as well…nicely done, baby.
First I had the task of pulling off the old fabric. Let me just say this…I did a bang up job of putting that fabric on – it did not want to come off. I am WAY better than Target at making lampshades.
The process of putting on the new fabric was the same as before, but a little more difficult since I was using thick home decor fabric. They turned out great, and I have to admit, I like them better than before.